Congolese Organic Farming Network
RECABIO implements projects and programs for food and agro-ecological resilience through the promotion of organic agriculture in its holistic sense of ecological, economic and social sustainability
Supporting producers towards autonomy
RECABIO Intervention Strategies
- Environmentally and animal-friendly production through the development of biodiversity, soil fertility, production without synthetic chemical fertilizers or pesticides, economic water management, and production without genetically modified organisms.
- We work in partnership with Congolese communities, respecting their wisdom and knowledge in agriculture.
- Engage women and youth as key actors in promoting organic and ecological agriculture in the family unit and to progress in the future.
- Good quality products: tasty, sanitary, and environmentally friendly.
- Support for local peasant agriculture.
RECABIO has been Impacting lives of a great number of People in the DRC
RECABIO's Key Areas of Intervention
Assist in creating scientific data in organic and ecological agriculture.
Transfer of knowledge and skills to rural communities through extension services.
Communication of the values and practices of organic and ecological agriculture to various stakeholders.
- -Stimulate the production of organic inputs, especially pesticides and fertilizers.
- Encourage value addition of organic agricultural products in the DRC.
- Develop sustainable markets to increase the trade of high-value organic products.
All provinces of the country.
Pilot provinces are South Kivu (City of Bukavu, Walungu, Kabare, Uvira, Fizi, and Mwenga) and North Kivu (City of Goma, Masisi, Nyiragongo, and Rutchuru).
The Values defended by RECABIO
Snippets of the Programs
Women farmers in the territory of rutchuru in North Kivu are technically supported by RECABIO as part of the promotion of organic farming.
RECABIO’s organic farmers partners are made aware of the importance of planting with furrows for organically grown crops in North Kivu